The key to this recipe is the Tandoori Masala. I used Urban Accents Punjab Red Tandoori. For tips on making this dish and on how to grill I watched a great video that is part of the Show me The Curry series.
- 1 tablespoon tandoori masala
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil
- 4 chicken breasts, with bones on and skin removed
Mix all the ingredients (except chicken) in a bowl.
Cut deep slits in the chicken and put in a large ziplock bag. Pour the tandoori mixture over the chicken and squish it around until the chicken is well coated.
Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
Grill over high heat for 10-15 minutes per side depending on how large the pieces are. You want some charring, but you don’t want to burn the meat or dry it out.
As you cook the chicken you can baste it with a mixture of lemon juice and the tandoori masala (juice from one lemon, 1 teaspoon tandoori masala, pinch of salt, splash of olive oil)