August 3, 2015
Top 10 things I will not miss while living in Tokyo:
- 10) Sitting in traffic. No cars for us and possibly the best train system in the world.
- 9) Shoveling Snow. Imagine all the extra time I will have during December.
- 8) All of that unnecessary headroom when going through doorways.
- 7) Iowa. I have nothing against the state of Iowa, I’m just pretty sure I won’t miss it.
- 6) Temperatures colder than the surface of mars. I am looking forward to living somewhere where the air does not hurt my face.
- 5) Mosquitos. Buzz buzz.
- 4) Road construction. Is it just me or is it worse than ever this year?
- 3) Waiting at a stop sign to see who can out polite each other while they wave at each other to go next. ( I considered just doing a whole list about not driving any more, but then I can’t rub in the no snow shoveling thing.)
- 2) Political Ads. Next year will be a great year not to sit through the onslaught of campaign commercials and radio spots about how awful the candidates are.
- 1) The people. I won’t miss the people because we live in a time when communication across the globe is easy and cheap.