God Bless the USA
I had the good fortune to participate in one of the grand American traditions tonight – the Happy Hour. I met some of my very good friends at Psycho Suzi’s Motor Lounge for some drinks and some classic bar food. They serve as one of their appetizers possibly the most American food you can think of – TaterTots. The tots are deep-fried and served with a spicy mayo dipping sauce that is to die for. Needless to say a good time was had by all. For the rest of my blog post tonight I present you with :
Top 10 Reasons I am proud to be an American
10. Our National and State Park systems are the best in the world.
8. We have the worst system of government except for all the others that have been tried.
7. There wouldn’t really be an Internet without US ( and Al gore of course)
6. Our movies and television define the artistic vision of the world. [Good or bad I believe this is true.]
5. We produce enough baseball bats in Louisville to arm every one of the zombiepocolypse survivors.
4. We are the country that gave the world Red Vines.
3. The Awesome men and women in the United States Armed Forces
2. I’m pretty sure we invented the three-day weekend.
And the number one reason I am proud to be an American
1. Even though I am eating all this Damn Good Food I am still not considered fat based on the national average.