These Damn Kids Today
Top Ten Things I Like About Being a Dad
10. Genetic Immortality (duh.)
9. They are now all old enough to mow the lawn and do the dishes. [Not that they do, but they could, you know, if we pushed it. Or if they were trying to borrow the car or something. Just Sayin’.]
8. If I ever need it, I have access to a pretty big arsenal for the Nerf War.
7. Taking each of my kids aside and explaining to them that they are “really my favorite, but don’t tell the others.”
6. Getting to watch classic movies with them and seeing them again for the first time through their eyes. You know the classics, like Goonies and The Princess Bride.
5. After years of stepping on Lego’s I have no nerve endings in my feet and can wear really cheap running shoes.
4. Gives me an excuse to go to the comic book store and to watch the occasional episode of Phineas and Ferb.
3. When I am old and wearing a purple unisex jumpsuit I’ll have people to teach me how to use whatever the equivalent of the VCR or the Internet is in the year 2040.
2. When the time comes and my kids get the chance to really test the cut of their sails and show what they’re made of…well, I’ll be there, catching some of the light coming off them that day. (Argh.)
and the number one thing I like about being a Dad
1. Looking forward to being on a ventilator some day and saying in a raspy voice, “Max, I am Your Father!”
Damn Mushy Ending to this Blog Post: I love you Melanie, Sarah, and Max. Remember you are my favorite.